Tuesday, March 10, 2009

13 Years and Counting

Mo and I celebrated 13 years of marriage yesterday. It's 16 years together total but my how the time has flown. We are getting old!
We are going to go out this Friday and eat adult food and see a movie that is PG-13 or R rated. Nothing kid sized this Friday! I am not taking anyone to the bathroom, cutting up any one's meat or asking for 2 highchairs.
As we walk down memory lane, I will share a dating story. It went something like, "why did you want to date me?" was the question and my response was, "You have red hair. I'm a sucker for a red head. I want lots of red headed, freckle faced boys. I just want to be barefoot and pregnant." That cinched the deal for him.

His response, "You look like you could physically hurt me. I like that in a girl." And amazingly, I still married him! And I didn't even get any red headed, freckle faced boys! But he got his blonde girls, one of which has freckles atleast.
I love you, Mo and you are the best husband, dad and friend. You are an honest and committed man.

The gifts I see in you are: dedication to be the best husband and father God has called you to be, a big heart, loyalty, humor, graciousness, surprise, orneriness and a darn good cook.

"It was no accident, me finding you. God had a hand in it before we ever knew."

3 comments:

Shelly Conn said...

Sweet!!

Robert Conn said...

Congrats guys!

Mandy said...

Congratulations on 13 years...You guys have been together as long as we have...it just gets better every year, doesn't it? Have fun on your date -- you deserve it!