Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Ultimate Challenge

My husband mentioned the other week, "Lets get rid of the TV and computer." I happily agreed to both and felt the heavens open up with angelic singing since I pretty much hate TV and wouldn't die without a computer and have always wanted to be Amish. But then he started back peddling.... and issued a 40 day challenge for our house. No TV or computer(other than bill paying) for 40 days. The goal is to "unplug" our kids and and have us plug into each other more.
Last night was night 1 and is was great! We had good conversations and the girls even played with each other more rather than playing with the babies and watching TV.
However, the enthusiasm is losing momentum already. Ariel and I are the only strong holds in this radical movement and I have my doubts about her. I will keep you posted!

4 comments:

Shelly Conn said...

Good luck! We did that but only for a week. The kids did great. I could do it again.

Robert Conn said...

40 days is a long time. However just that you guys recognize the importance of it is encouraging. I could do the no tv thing easy. The computer though would kill me.

Hang in there.

By the way... I love your family!

Mandy said...

Does TiVo count? hee, hee...

Shelly said...

Yes, Mandy and so does wii