Monday, January 17, 2011

Bloggin' at its Finest!

I decided to hop on and see what my other friends are blogging about and I find it very refreshing to see there are "some of us" who have not blogged in quite some time. You know who you are and thank you for not being "perfect"! And for those who have posted something in the last 2 months, "well done you" and I enjoyed catching up with you!
Here is a quick update from "our neck of the woods"...literally.

Mo is currently serving on a jury for a murder trial. Although I don't know details other than what I see on the news, it is very graphic, involves a young girl and he hasn't slept well in a week. It is expected to go on another 3 weeks. Pray for God to use this in his life...although I don't know how God uses that kind of thing but know He can.

Kami is doing really well this year and we got her information packet for high school registration....sigh. Still into music, computers and books. Boys, make up and clothes are not on the radar...thank ya Jesus. Thinking she will be home with us for only 4 more years...just doesn't seem like enough. She really enjoys her bible study group. Already has her life mapped out: exchange student in England for her jr year then off to Columbia to major in journalism. She will spread her wings and fly!

Kori is doing well also although 5th grade has been hard (even I am ready to be done with the school year). Still playing hockey and looking forward to swim team as well as skiing. She wants to live with us forever, "My husband and I can live in the basement and I can wipe your bottom when you get too old.". Of course she is still wanting to open a "hotel for homeless people so they can take a bath" and is chomping at the bit for us to start foster care again so her hands maybe too full for bottom wiping when we are old.

I am with a home health agency and enjoying it. Love the elderly! I try to read or knit when possible but mostly enjoy cooking and talking with the girls. I just started to volunteer at a local foster care agency a couple hours a week doing whatever.

We are home shopping which is always fun except Colorado is an expensive place to live and we are tighter that Dick's hatband! And it is just a house so it is really not that big of a deal. I would be thrilled with an old fixer upper! Something to gut and rebuild! God has the perfect place for us that will allow us to serve foster kids and a few cadets from the Air Force Academy..just have to wait until He shows us.

Still looking for a church home. Have about 50 in a 10 mile radius but nothing like our little Southern Baptist FBC Sanger! Texas really does have the most friendly people on Earth.

And I have come to the conclusion that Coloradians (is that a real word??) do not particularly like to eat...or at least cook. None of my girlfriends like to cook! How crazy is that?! Nothing revolves around food. No homes have big 'ole kitchens. I offer to share recipes with my friends to which their husbands reply, "Don't bother. She will never make it. She doesn't cook." Blaspheme! To which I really want to reply, "And you married her??". I say, "let me bring a meal to you.", and they look at me like I have a third eye! To them I must be some kind of "Paula Deen wackaloon". I tell them it is the southern way, every Texas woman worth her weight in salt is this way and there is no situation that food especially that with gravy or processed cheese can not remedy. Perhaps this is why Texas leads the nation in "most unhealthy places to live" but we wear that banner with pride! So, I have made it my mission to reclaim the Sunday Family Meal in the name of Jesus to this way ward state! Invite friends, family and neighbors and lets break bread! The only fly in the ointment is that currently our kitchen and dinning room put together are the size of the women's restroom at Target. But alas, I will prevail! I have also come to the conclusion that it must be the result of all the Californians who have moved here and contaminated the place.

3 comments:

Shelly Conn said...

Love the post!! Made me laugh! Every woman should know how to cook! Good grief!!

Miss you guys! Robert and I were just talking about that we want to go skying!!

I have not blogged in a long time. Sorry! But I just update facebook through twitter and never think about my blog. With 4 kids running wild, things are crazy! You know what I'm talking about!! :-)

Stacey said...

ah, shelhead!
i did think 'home shopping" meant you were shopping on the network, and I thought, "how odd"...then I thought, "but shel does hate to shop, so i guess that works". :) then I got it.
and, drat those californians!

ab ba said...

Donation Appeal to build a mosque at Bukit Darat. For those who want to make a charitable donation please distributed to the following account: - Account name: JKKK Bukit Darat. No. Account: 04015010025245. Name of Bank: Bank Islam Sdn. Bhd.. Branch Melaka, Malaysia.