Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Randomness from McDaniel Land

Here is a quick list of happenings in our little part of the world we call McDaniel Land:

School is fine.

Joined the church and Kori is getting baptized on Sunday!

Kami has some serious talent in drawing we found out this week. Particularly anime. Plus she is the only 11 year old girl I know who uses the word "montage" in her everyday language. ("Hello, Mr. Spielberg? Kami McDaniel will see you in her office.") Smart cookie. She is going to be a pirate for Halloween.

Kori starts Judo this week. I know. I know. Like she doesn't do enough but she has been dying to start an MMA career so we compromised on Judo. Plus it is self-defense. She is going to use her Judo uniform for Halloween. And she starts basketball for city league week after next and Upwards Basketball in the next couple weeks. (I know shoot me now.)

Mo is anxiously awaiting deer season.

And I just finished painting the kitchen, halls, living room and dining room. Sultan Sand was the color of choice. Looks great.

Mo and I are going to a foster/adoption parent conference this Saturday at Irving Bible. Really looking forward to it.

Half way finished with Sunset by Kingsbury. Great book!

No news on the baby front. Other than now that we are busier than a one legged man in a booty kickin' contest, we should get one any day.:) Heck, what's another log on the fire!

Plus, I am starting to wonder if I have adult ADD...

And there are only 65 days until Christmas.

3 comments:

Robert Conn said...

Would that be AADD?

Shelly said...

I think it would but I am so wacky that I forgot the question...

Kami said...

I've kinda been waiting for someone to give Speilburg the boot! Yes I do have anime skizillz