Monday, July 21, 2008

Same Different As Me (Ron Hall/Denver Moore)

I just finished this book. My neighbor gave it to me and her friend gave it to her. This book is AWESOME. What is so great about it is that it is a true story! It chronicles the lives of two men and how they meet and become friends.
Another great aspect of it is it mostly takes place in the DFW area so it is fun to catch all the hints about where they are and where things take place. Evidently it is a HUGE deal because the authors of who the story is about have been to the White House and such.
Also, if you know of someone who has been taken by cancer, it is a must read (which is just about everyone.).
Get this book. You won't be disappointed. It is rich with history and emotion.

2 comments:

Robert Conn said...

HEY!!! Glad I found your blog... Keep up the great posts.

Oh and thanks for the email. I really appreciate it.

I also noticed you were reading Voddie's book. How did you stumble upon that? When you get finished reading it we should discuss it like on Oprah only with spiritual intentions and not rice cake theology (you know all fluff and no flavor).

Later

Mimi said...

Loved that book. I read it last Fall. I am in the middle of playing catch-up on your blog!! Fun!! Love getting into you head and heart more. Thanks.