Monday, January 4, 2010

My (New Year's) Life Resolution

This time of the year we become introspective. We gather a handful of goals based on how we failed the last year and what we would change about ourselves in order to be "New And Improved". Or "Old And Improved" depending on your case. I am ,like many of you, more than happy to wave good-bye to 2009. Although it came with many great things, it brought a lot of changes. And even good changes cause stress.
So, I am declaring a Life Resolution rather than a New Year's Resolution.
My Life Resolution beginning in 2010 is to DELIGHT IN THE LORD. That's it. Everyday, I want to delight in Him. I want to be so taken by our heavenly Father that life just can't get to me. The love affair so great that my focus on every task, no matter how mundane, how complicated, how trivial is on His goodness.
It is so easy to come to Him with concerns for others, our jobs, our homes, our families, and our nation. But how often do we come to the mercy seat just to "delight in the Lord"? I know it is not what I think of first. And I want to change it. Delightfully so.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

most delightfully so! that's what we'll be doing in Heaven, so why not start now? :) xoxo