Wednesday, January 20, 2010

THE OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS BY KORI

We have been studying the books of the Old Testament so Kori can get her "badge" at Awanas and it just cracks me up because not only are they hard to pronounce to any child, but one who can't hear a lick is is down right funny. She can't just hear a song and memorize it (like most of us did when we were little) because she can't hear words in music. But don't get all upset at me yet for making fun of my "handicapped" child. I grew up with 2 deaf sisters so mispronunciation is common for me and because I don't treat her "different" is why she knows she is not "different". I don't laugh at her per se, I can just see God in Heaven with a big smile on his face too because like me He thinks she is perfect too. I put them in order so you know which ones are the "hard ones" and spelled it how she pronounces it. Please remember being deaf does not allow you to read phonetically. Each and every word a person who is deaf reads must be memorized. There is no sounding it out.
Genesis
Xus
Leticus
Numbers
Dutonomy
Joshua
Judges
Ruf
1 Samel
2 Samel
1 Kings
2 Kings
1 Chronicle
2 Chronicle
Eeeza
Nehemiah (she's got this one down, somehow)
Eser
Job
Psalms
Proverb
Ecclesiesta
Song of Solomon

By the way her favorite verse is: John 1:1 "In the beginning there was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God."

5 comments:

Stacey said...

kori is my favorite deaf kid. :) and her mama is my favorite one-eared kid. :) xoxox

Rachel said...

Hola Conchita!

Hey...can you email me/or get on fb chat tonight, or call me? My number is still the same!

Shelly Conn said...

Hey there!!
Could you email me. I don't have your email address and I have a recipe question for you!! You made some salsa with beans and avocados last year for a Sunday School Fellowship. I want to make it!! Help me!!

Hope you guys are staying warm! We have gotten about 9" so far of snow and it's not lookin to stop until 2 am!!

Shelly said...

shelly c, i dont have your email. i tried to text you but dont know if you have texting or if your number is the same. heres my email: mcd.shelly@gmail.com

Shelly said...

shelly c, i dont have your email. i tried to text you but dont know if you have texting or if your number is the same. heres my email: mcd.shelly@gmail.com