Monday, January 18, 2010

Now Open Kori's Hobo Hotel

We have been educating our daughters on proper money management since they have begun to get an allowance these last few months. We have been discussing tithing first, then you put some in savings then you may spend some. Well, the saving some is not hitting the mark. On Saturday when Kori and I were driving in Colorado Springs, I drove by the area known as "The Tent Cities". This is basically some public land that homeless people have pitched tents and live by this river around the corner from a local soup kitchen. I began my speech on saving money so you can be prepared for what the future holds, being a good steward with God's blessings, etc so you do not have to live in a tent. I answered some questions about how they bathe, where they might eat, what do they do when its cold and thought my point was well made when she turns to me and smiles real big, "I am gonna save my money and when I get big I will open a Hobo Hotel. I will get into my car, pile them in the back and take 'em to my hotel!" A missionary in the making? Quite possibly.
Of course, all of this went out the window when she saw a pair of house shoes she wanted at Walmart.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

They just get better and better. You can't make this stuff up! Thanks for the good reads. I needed this!