Thursday, August 21, 2008

Another Sampling

This just warms my heart so much I had to share. As many of you know Kori is deaf. Legally according to the state of Texas but she can hear some. Well, we just found out last Sunday that she can get this hearing device from the church sound guy and it hooks over her ear and amplifies the sound. Up until then, she couldn't hear what our pastor was saying or really understand any of the songs. Words in music are really difficult for her to get. So, we tried it out.
She was she thought she was hot stuff with that thing on and loved it. She sang for the first time in worship and has been bellowing "Here I Am To Worship" non stop since. So, if you are even remotely near us on Sunday mornings, that beautiful, freckle faced blonde who is singing at the top of her lungs and way of key is my daughter making a "joyful noise unto the Lord." And to Him it is beautiful!
And to know one day when she gets to heaven she will be singing with the angels and be able to hear every note without a single device. And to know one day when my sisters get to heaven they will hear it too. And in that day my little sister will hear how her son's voices sound, to hear them say "I love you." instead of reading on their lips. God is good! Even when it takes a bit longer for us to "hear" His praises.
Wouldn't it be funny when we get to heaven and find out all those who were "disabled" were the "normal" ones and us "normal" ones were really the ones who were "disabled"?

2 comments:

Stacey said...

love it, shel. thanks for making me cry first thing this morning!

Shelly Conn said...

Great post! I saw her with the device on Sunday. I am so happy for her.