Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Shack

Just started The Shack. I have heard the buzz and it seems to have gotten mixed reviews. Jeers from people who are particularly hard-nosed legalistic theologians it seems (that's you Lanny Joe Groves!). Cheers from all other "normal" people. So far it is good but then again I am only on page 25. Should have it finished this weekend.
On a side note, my doctor said that a movie is being made from it. And Queen Latifa is slated to star in it. He didn't say much else since I then blurted, "Don't say another word! I haven't gotten to a woman part."

Also got a recommendation for 90 Minutes in Heaven from my neighbor but haven't read that yet either.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

People seem to have a misconception as to what legalism is. Legalism is simply adding to Scripture and placing bounds on. Obedience on the other hand does not equate to legalism. Proud to be your hard nosed obedient minister of the Gospel :)

LJG

Stacey said...

One more thing. I would steer clear of 90 Minutes in Heaven as Scripture is clear all mankind is destined to die once and then face judgment Hebrews 9:27. Also, see Lazarus and the rich man Luke 16:19-31

Love,
Your hard nosed obedient minister of the Gospel. LJG

Robert Conn said...

I love it when they call me Big Papa!

You'll get that later.