Saturday, August 16, 2008

Thumbs Down

I went to see Mama Mia! today. Not a fan. Too much singing. Yes, I understand it is a musical which I generally enjoy, but here is my beef. I can't get my mind around actors who turn musical actors. Like Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan. In my mind, they just aren't supposed to sing in a movie. Julie Andrews...sings. Christpher Walken...actor. It was the same thing with Moulin Rouge, which when I went to see it I did not know it was a musical so therefore I was not prepared for spontaneous singing and left the movie 15 minutes into it. Nicole Kidman...actor. It just does weird things to my mind. Zac Efron...singer. Colin Firth...actor.
It is just not normal. And I really like musicals. My favorite kid movie is Mary Poppins, for crying out loud! I just don't make the transition well when actors decided to switch to singers in a movie when clearly in my mind they are actors.
Or now that I think on it. This could mean I have some weird medical condition. I may need pills for this.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

This isn't your only mental condition! LOL This makes me laugh! I actually feel just the opposite! Chicago, Moulin Rouge, Hairspray, and I can't wait to see Mamma Mia! LOL I don't think they make pills for this problem though.

Kami said...

I had a headache after the movie.....they play it REALLY loud!!!!!!